CMU volleyball earns fourth straight ranked recruit class

The future for Central Michigan volleyball may have gotten brighter with head coach Erik Olsen’s fourth straight nationally ranked recruit class and fifth in the past seven years.

“I think overall this class is going to be one of our bigger impacting classes of my time here,” he said.

It may have potential to be impactful, but how or why was this recruit class included on PrepVolleyball.com’s High Honorable Mention list?

The incoming class includes Kaitlyn McIntyre, Haley Baker and Hallie Enderle.

McIntyre alone gives CMU a reason to be encouraged about its future.

She was named as a 2010 senior ace from the same website that mentioned CMU in its High Honorable Mention list.

“I think Kaitlyn McIntyre brings so much to the program in her load alone,” Olsen said. “She’s probably going to be one of the more decorated players in the history of the program, and I don’t think I’ve said that about too many kids.”

Olsen clearly has high hopes for McIntyre specifically, but this class is deep. Enderle was also named as a 2010 senior ace and brings talent to a team that is arguably on the rise.

Baker, the only recruit from Michigan, played for Clarkston High School as a setter and a defensive specialist, but is listed as a defensive specialist on CMUChippewas.com.

Olsen believes that recruiting and training are strengths with the program. With that recruit strength, he has earned nationally ranked recruit classes.

He believes a couple of the freshmen can come in and make an impact soon into their CMU careers.

“I think one or two of them could definitely start immediately,” he said.

Olsen thinks the team and the program itself are on the rise and he expects more out of this team.

The team opens up play Aug. 26 in Iowa City, Iowa for a tournament.