Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe selects general election candidates for three districts

The Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribal community has narrowed down prospective candidates who will advance to a general election on Nov. 8.

According to a press release, the Isabella Federal Reservation is made up of three Tribal Community Districts: District One, the reservation in Isabella County, has 1,005 registered and/or eligible voters. District Two is the Saganing Satellite Reservation in Arenac County, which has 48 registered and/or eligible voters. District Three is comprised of Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribal members throughout the world, and has 1,475 registered and/or eligible voters.

Tribal members chose 20 candidates from a pool of 63 in District One. District Two is un-opposed and District Three has three candidates that will be narrowed down to two openings advancing to the general election.

The Election Caucus Committee reviewed and ratified the "Primary Election 2011" results, which cannot be protested until after the general election, according to ordinance.

For a complete list of candidates or more information, contact Frank Cloutier, Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe public relations director at 989-775-4076.