Tazeh Mediterranean Grill opens; Endurance Fitness expected to open this winter

pf-tazeh03
Perry Fish/Staff Photographer A Taboulli and hummus sampler plate sits on a counter, Tuesday evening inside of Tazeh Mediterranean Grill, 4855 East Blue Grass Rd. The new restaurant opened on October,10 and is located in the suite previously occupied by the Wet Monkey Sub Shack.

Mount Pleasant welcomed a new restaurant last week and awaits the opening of a new gym just a few doors down.

Tazeh Mediterranean Grill, 4855 E. Blue Grass Road, opened Oct. 10. The restaurant prepares every food item on its menu fresh each day and from scratch, said owner Donald Ebrahimi.

“Everything is made fresh,” Ebrahimi said. “We make the food today, we serve it today.”

The restaurant serves all Mediterranean-style dishes with chicken and beef, as well as a lot of game like alligator and kangaroo.

The menu includes cuisine from places in the Middle East, such as Turkey and Greece, and some featured dishes are hummus, tabouli and baba ghanoush, Ebrahimi said.

Pete Grondin, a Mount Pleasant resident, has worked there for three weeks including training.

“I think it’s different and good food,” Grondin said.

Grondin’s favorite item on the menu is the falafel, which resembles hush puppies.

Endurance Fitness, 4855 E. Blue Grass Road, several doors down from Tazeh Mediterranean Grill, is under construction and is planned to open in a limited capacity on Dec. 1.

This will allow people to start working out, although it may not have everything ready, said owner Alesha Thay.

"The gym will have 24-hour access including tanning, personal training, vitamin water and a pro shop," she said.

Thay said the gym will be a good alternative to the wellness center and the university gym because of everything offered at Endurance Fitness.

The grand opening of the gym is scheduled to be in January.