Trustees to discuss Anspach renovation, address CMED concerns

The Board of Trustees Thursday will consider authorizing the renovation of Anspach Hall and the building of a new data center.

The agenda for Wednesday's committee meetings and Thursday's formal meeting were released today.

Wednesday, the College of Medicine committee will provide updates on the Saginaw site and briefing of  discussion with the Liasian Committee on Medical Education during its mid-November visit.

Also Wednesday, Trustees-Faculty committee will also hold an open discussion to address CMED concerns.

Thursday, the Finance and Facilities Committee will vote to authorize contracting for the engineering, construction and start-up costs to renovate Anspach Hall. It will also vote to borrow funds for the graduate student housing project university line of credit, and other university needs.

The contracting for the planning, design and construction for a new data center will also be voted on.

The Academic and Student Affairs Committee will vote to approve two MCACA grants and public school academy activities.

The audit committee will vote on a motion to engage the external audit firm.

All meetings will be open and held in the Bovee University Center's President's Conference Room, except the Trustees-Faculty Liaison Committee, which will be held in the Lake Michigan room.

On Wednesday, the Academic and Student Affairs Committee will meet from 10:30 to 11 a.m., the Finance and Facilities Committee will meet from 11:10 a.m. to 12:10 p.m., the College of Medicine Committee will meet from 1:20 to 1:50 p.m., the Trustees-Faculty Liaison Committee will meet from 5 to 6 p.m. in the Bovee University Center’s Lake Michigan Room and the Trustees-Student Liaison Committee will meet from 6:05 to 7 p.m.