New waterpark will provide something for the whole family

There is an area for toddlers, that includes a low impact dump bucket, and small attractions with slower flowing water.

There is a “tween” section that has an acorn and log crossing, and a pool with basketball rims for playing, he said.

There are three cabanas that are available to be rented out in the Waterpark. The cabanas come with a pre-stocked (pop and water) refrigerator, fan, microwave, Wi-Fi, flat screen television and a location for seating.

To ensure safety, the area will have 24 lifeguards on staff at all times. The area of the water park is kept at 84 degrees Fahrenheit and the water at 82 degrees.

The Waterpark itself is 45,000 square feet and recycles 3,391,300 gallons of water every day. The water is chemically processed with chlorine.

“The water is tested every morning and evening at different levels in different places, mainly monitored through a computer system,” Steere said.

A day pass, which is available from 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m, Monday through Thursday at the Waterpark will cost $25. However, no passes will be given if the Hotel is completely booked, as preference goes to those staying at the Hotel.

“During the winter months, the target of the Hotel is going to be geared towards day passes, interaction with the community, trainings, crafts, projects and contests,” Steere said.

Providing an environment that all ages can enjoy is one thing the Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel is hoping to accomplish.

The Waterpark targets every age group, said Gene Steere, Operations Manager of the Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel.

For the teenagers, there is an above-water rock climbing wall. There are also two different slides: A bowl slide and a body slide. Both of the slides start outside of the facility and end inside of the park and into the lazy river.

There is also a FlowRider attraction which is designed for body or board surfing.

“We eventually hope to hold a couple of competitions,” Steere said.