MUNCHIES IN MINUTES: Sausage cheese dip

This dip is something our family has been doing since Velveeta first advertised it.

I can’t really remember how long our family has been making and tweaking this dip for our family holiday parties and our yearly Risk tournaments.

There is nothing like eating this dip with your favorite chip, while you are going for world domination among family and friends. Of course the munchies are even great while watching the game, a movie or even partying it up with friends.

I do know that over the years we simplified and changed this dip to our own spicy fling. This dip is not for the weak appetite, it is a bold dish and one that sticks with you through the night. It is great with the beer because it keeps the munchies at bay and keeps the stomach full so that one may partake in beer pong a bit longer if they are losing.

This is the best way to make it and serve it it think is on stove for melting and in crock-pot for on low for serving and then place some bowl and chips by the pot and let them at it. The guest will devour the dish once they start eating it trust me it is irrepressible to a cheese dip lover.

First, buy some zesty hot ground sausage. One tube of sausage will be enough, grab a jar of your favorite salsa around and a block of Velveeta. I like the Blanco Velveeta for my dip; we use it because it is creamier and less oily. Place cheese in a pan on stove and melt over medium heat stirring constantly.

Brown your sausage and drain oil when done. Add sausage, salsa to melted cheese on stove and serve with your favorite tortilla chip when all ingredients are blended and hot.  Top with fresh onion and tomato if you like.

Ingredients for Sausage Dip:

Spicy ground sausage

1 lb of Velveeta

16 oz of salsa

Bag of corn tortilla chips

Diced tomato and onion as topping optional