Candidates identified for international affairs position, open forums held this week

The finalists for Central Michigan University’s executive director of international affairs have been announced.

The three finalists: George Barlos, Patricia Croom and Katherine Hammett, are each scheduled to take part in public forums held in Bovee University Center.

According to a news release from Claudia Douglass, interim vice provost of academic affairs, the candidate will be responsible for leading the campus in the development and execution of CMU’s international vision.

Barlos is the director of international education at Reimai Consulting Firm in Bejing, China, and has had experience in international education at multiple universities, including the University of California-Santa Cruz, Howard College, Tulane University and University of Dayton.

Croom has been an associate director for international admissions at Michigan State University since 2008 and was in administration information services for 24 years prior.

Hemmet, director of international education at Carroll University, has held positions in international student offices at Xavier University and Louisiana Tech University.

The forums take place on Aug. 30, Sept. 5 and Sept. 12, respectively. Each forum will be held from 3:30 p.m. until 4:15 p.m. in the Lake Superior Room.