UPDATED: Kelly/Shorts Stadium seating, luxury suites total around $270,000

The 2,450 temporary student-section bleachers and three luxury suites at Kelly/Shorts Stadium cost Central Michigan $270,000.

The bleachers cost around $150,000, and each suite cost $40,000.

CMU fans could be confused when it comes to the addition after consecutive 3-9 seasons, but the seven-game home schedule, including in-state rivals Michigan State and Western Michigan, helped in the decision process.

"We sure hope to fill them all season. Obviously MSU was a big genesis for the thought of doing something, but this is the most significant schedule we’ve ever had here – seven home games, Navy and Western (Michigan) also highlighting the schedule," Director of Athletics Dave Heeke said.

The suites installed on the east side of the stadium can each hold 60-70 people, giving the stadium room for 180-200 more people.

"We’ll have a lot of people and should be a lot of fun," Heeke said. "Suites are for additional groups, private groups and then the seats themselves are for the students."

The concourse remains the same. There weren't any alterations with entrances or exits, but because of the popularity for the upcoming schedule, there will be more personnel to assist with crowd management.

Heeke said the stadium needs to have a consistent run being filled before he can think about expanding the stadium permanently.

If and when that happens, luxury suites are in high demand.

"I think we could sell 5-10 more suites with very little difficulty," Heeke said.

In addition, general club seating and lodge-level seating could be added.

CMU opens at home against Southeast Missouri State at 7 p.m. Aug. 30.