CMU global campus employee Theresa Langlois dies at 57

Mount Pleasant native and Central Michigan University global campus employee Theresa Langlois, 57, died Wednesday at Woodland Hospice in Mount Pleasant.

Born in Mount Pleasant, the 1973 Shepherd High School graduate moved to Midland shortly after graduating. She worked many years with Coca-Cola in both Bay City and Lansing. She later moved back to the Shepherd area, working at TB Woods, and lastly for Central Michigan University's Global Campus, where she worked as a specialist clerk, according to her obituary.

The funeral will be held Saturday at 11 a.m. at Charles R. Lux Family Funeral Home, 2300 S. Lincoln Road, and the burial will be held in Lincoln Township Cemetary, near Shepherd. The viewing will be held Friday from 2 to 5 p.m. and Saturday at 10 a.m.

Langlois is survived by three sisters, Leona Bufford, Nancy Durfee, and Sally Merrifield, all of Mount Pleasant; nieces and nephew, Denise Walton, Edward Merrifield, and Belinda Durfee; and grandnieces, Mallory and Shelby Walton and Samantha Durfee. She was preceded in death by her father, O'Neil in 1992, mother, Audrey in 2009; and brother-in-law, Berdet Durfee.

Memorial contributions may be made to Woodland Hospice or Pardee Cancer Treatment Fund.

Employees from CMU's global campus could not be reached for comment Thursday.