MOVIE REVIEW: ‘Pitch Perfect’ a perfect musical comedy to see during the holidays

"Pitch Perfect" was the most anticipated movie in the fall 2012 and an immediate success even before it was released. The movie ended up opening early in select theaters weeks before its original release date.

The movie stars Anna Kendrick, who recently rose to fame after her role as Jessica Stanley in Twilight and has been in a number of movies recently, including "End of Watch," "Up in the Air," "50/50" and "What to Expect When You're Expecting."

Kendrick plays the main character Beca, a girl who cares more about what is coming out of her headphones than anything that is going on around her. She attends a college and, after her father’s persuasion, ends up joining the A capella group there. Soon she sees that she doesn’t hate it as much as she thought she would.

Brittany Stone, Rebel Wilson, Anna Camp and others co-star in this remarkable film. These many talented actors and actresses came together beautifully in this movie. They seemed to have chosen perfect people who could not only act but really sing as well.

However, it was Rebel Wilson that truly made the movie worth seeing. Her humor and background as a stand-up comedian worked well within this movie. Without Rebel Wilson or the music, the movie would not be as big of a success as it was.

Kendrick is a good fit for her character and plays Beca well. Through this movie, she has proven that she can also do comedy although it is not to the extent of what Rebel Wilson can do. She has proven lately that she is a great actress and isn’t just a time actress. I see her being in more movies in the future.

The comedy was not all that the movie had to offer. Within the comedy and the music lay an actual plot showing the growth of Beca as she realizes that in order to be happy you have to be able and willing to let others in even if they just hurt you in the end and showing that the most unexpected people can end up being the ones who make you happy.

The movie came together, bringing good laughs and heartfelt moments to the audience. The soundtrack chosen worked well picked fit the movie script.I would definitely recommend this movie for anyone wanting to see a great comedy this year.

I rate this movie a 3 out of 4 stars.