About 400 tickets sold for third 'Clash at Comerica'

msu-baseball
File Photo by Charlotte Bodak On May 15, 2012, junior pitcher Rick Dodridge pitches the ball to home plate during the game against Michigan State at Comerica park in Detroit, Mich.

The third-annual 'Clash at Comerica' is fast approaching, with this season's neutral-site baseball game between CMU with Michigan State taking place at 6:35 p.m. Wednesday in Detroit.

Tickets are available now for the game, the second in a three-game season series between the two schools, at $6 for adults, $5 for youth and senior citizens and $3 for any students with a valid ID.

There is also a special deal for anybody with a group of 10 or more where they too can buy tickets at a rate of $3 a person.

Approximately 400 tickets have been sold already, CMU spokesman Jason Kaufman said.

There is a special event for CMU alumni before the game that begins at 5 p.m. A taligate-style reception will be held in the Tiger Club where there will be a cash bar and a preview of the game from head coach Steve Jaksa.

All tickets are available online, and game tickets will be available through the Comerica Park box office. Parking at the game will be $6 at parking garages near the stadium.

Ticket prices have dropped this season as opposed to the previous two games, when they cost $8 for adults, $6 for youth and seniors and $5 for college students and groups of 10 or more.

CMU and MSU have been playing each other in baseball since 1911, and, after 113 games, the Chippewas hold a 62-51 advantage in the rivalry.

However, the Spartans have had their number, winning the last six meetings, including a season-series sweep last year and the first meeting this season, April 2 in East Lansing, where CMU lost 4-2.

This is the fifth season of the three-game series that features games at both sites and a neutral site.

During the 2009 and 2010 seasons, the teams played at Dow Diamond in Midland, home of the Los Angeles Dodgers single-A affiliate Great Lakes Loons.

CMU won both games at Dow Diamond before the series moved its neutral-site game to Comerica Park.

But it has not won in Detroit, losing 3-1 in 2011 and 5-2 last season.

Attendance for last year's game was 3,458, an increase from the 2,169 who attended the first 'Clash at Comerica' in 2011.

In 2009, 1,953 attended the first neutral-site game at Dow Diamond. Both schools drew 2,119 in 2010.