Students celebrate fall with return of Starbucks' Pumpkin Spice Latte

Starbucks' famous Pumpkin Spice Latte has made its way back onto the menu and is celebrating its 10th anniversary this season.

The build-up for the latte's return has crowded social media sites, where fans counted down the days until Starbucks blended its first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season.

The warm drink is a tasteful mix of pumpkin and fall spice flavors combined with espresso and warm milk. Starbucks tops the latte with homemade whipped cream and pumpkin pie spices.

“It is a pumpkin masterpiece,” Almont junior Lexi Sheehan said.

Students looked forward to the day the Pumpkin Spice Latte returned to the Starbucks menu. Sand Lake senior Jenny Hackbardt believes it is a necessity to complete the true feeling of fall.

“It is one of the simplest ways to enjoy fall for me,” she said.

The latte has found a fan base amongst Starbucks customers all over the world, and Central Michigan University’s campus is no exception.

“Once you get it you will never go back. I get it every time I come to Starbucks,” Sheehan said.

Cider mill trips, sipping on warm apple cider, fresh donuts, pumpkin carving and the colored leaves that scatter the ground are expectations of many as fall rolls around each year, and the Pumpkin Spice Latte has made its way onto the list of fall necessities for some.

“They honestly just make me happy. I love being able to walk into the crisp fall weather drinking a latte,” Dryden freshman Jenna Pokriefka said.

The drink will remain the latte of choice on the menu throughout the fall and winter holiday seasons.