Wayside to host housing fair

housingfairslider

housingfairStudents in search of housing for next year or free food for tonight might want to attend the 2013 Mount Pleasant Housing Fair at Wayside.

An anticipated 37 apartment complexes will be sending representatives to the event, where they will have booths explaining basic housing information.

O’Kelly’s Sports Bar & Grill and Wayside Central General Manager John Hunter said students who might not necessarily be interested in housing information should still attend for some of the extracurricular activities.

Tallgrass Apartments Office Assistant Vanessa Irwin said Tallgrass Apartments will be providing several activities in addition to leasing information.

“We will be handing out stuff from a basketful of goodies, and we are doing a game to take money off of the price of the security deposit,” Irwin said.

The fair, which is free to attend, will be providing free food, beverages and several prizes for attendees including candy packages, a $100 visa gift card, gift certificates to local businesses and a grand prize of round-trip airfare for two during Spring Break.

“If people are hungry for pizza and want a chance to win something, you should come stop by,” Hunter said. “If 500 people come, you have a one in 500 chance of winning the airfare.”

The event will be hosted at tonight at Wayside Central from 6-8 p.m. and will be immediately followed by an airing of the Ball State vs. Central Michigan football game.