CMU celebrates Asian Pacific Heritage Month

asain

asainCelebrating different cultures and diversity on campus, Central Michigan University is hosting several events for Asian Pacific Heritage Month.

Spoken word performer, filmmaker and University of California art professor Kip Fulbeck is delivering the keynote address at 7 p.m., Tuesday in Plachta Auditorium.

Multicultural Academic Student Services is hosting a karaoke night at 7 p.m., on March 27 in Kulhavi 141 that includes snacks, drinks and a raffle.

The Asian Cultural Organization, International Student Organization, Indian Student Association and Saudi Club are hosting a food festival at 7 p.m. March 31, where students can compete for prizes by eating exotic foods in the Bovee University Center Rotunda.

Also in the Rotunda on April 1, there will be a food tasting event, where students can enjoy Asian Pacific food for $3. The event will cost $5 for the general public.

At 7 p.m. on April 10, there will be a festival titled, “NightMarket” in Kulhavi 141, where students can play games, fold origami and pose for feisty photos.

Asian Pacific Heritage Month concludes with “Celebrasia,” at 7 p.m., April 17 in Pearce 128 with performances and presentations that look at the past and future of Asian and Asian-American culture.

With exception of the food tasting event on April 1, all events are free and open to the public.