United Way 2014 Community Investment Fund close to allocation

united-way

The Isabella United Way is accepting applications for its 2014 Community Investment Fund.

The due date for applications is April 4 and allocations will be shortly after. Executive Director Tom Oliver said this year’s funds will be focused toward education, income and health services. According to the United Way of Isabella County's website, all the funding goes into programs aiding the community.

Citizens who reside and work in Isabella County who choose to donate to the fund will receive an easy payroll deduction. In the past decade, United Way of Isabella County has invested more than $1.66 million, supporting 39 community programs.

The first approval of the Community Investment Fund grants will be determined in May at the board of trustees quarterly meeting.

Applications for qualified programs as well as donation, avocation and volunteer links to the organization can be found online at United Way of Isabella County’s website. The maximum request of any qualifying program must not exceed $10,000.

The Isabella United Way invests donations into several local programs, including the American Red Cross (Central Michigan Chapter), Big Brothers Big Sisters of Great Lakes Bay region, Friends of Isabella Seniors, Child and Family Enrichment Council, John H. Goodrow Fund (Emergency Aid), Women's Aid Service Inc., and Listening Ear.

Listening Ear is the largest program investment in the last decade, collecting $206,000 from United Way of Isabella County.