In Mount Pleasant this Labor Day Weekend? Here's what's happening!

Stuck in Mount Pleasant this Labor Day Weekend? Don’t worry! There are a few events happening that you can go out and explore this weekend!

Here’s what’s going on:

•   Farmer’s Market in Mount Pleasant City Hall, on West Broadway Street. This event will be happening from 7:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 30 . Free and open to the public.
  • Honors Convocation Recital. Central Michigan University’s School of Music scholarship students perform in this recital. This will take place at 11 a.m. in Staples Family Concert Hall on Thursday, August 27.  Free and open to the public.
  •    Midland Rotary Clubs is hosting their Annual Labor Day Tridge Walk. In 1992 Judge Henry Hart and a group of friends started a tradition when they crossed the Tridge, over the confluence of the Chippewa and Tittabawassee rivers in Downtown Midland. This event will happen September 1st at 9 a.m. Drinks and snacks will be provided.
  •    Yoder’s Amish Quilt Auction and Flea Market. On August 29 and 30 in Clare, Michigan, you can find antique treasures and beautifully handcrafted quilts all in one place. Happening from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day.  There is a $1 fee for parking on site.
  • CMU v. Chattanooga. Come cheer on the Chippewa’s in the first football game of the season as they take on Chattanooga Mocs. Join the fun at Kelly Shorts Stadium starting at 7p.m.
  •    Art Exhibit: From DNA to Beer: Harnessing Nature in Medicine & History. This is an ongoing event happening until September 13th, and it’s located on the third floor of Park Library. From DNA to Beer will help to promote public understanding of the dynamic relationship between microbes, technology, and science and medicine. The exhibit is open during regular library hours, and free to the public.