​College Republicans meet with republican leaders at annual Lincoln Day Dinner

republican_mt_04
Morgan Taylor | Staff Photographer Michigan Governor Rick Snyder shows a list of everything that has improved in the past four years with him as governor at the Devos Place in downtown Grand Rapids Wednesday night for the 127th Annual Kent GOP Lincoln Day Dinner.

Members of College Republicans at Central Michigan University traveled to Grand Rapids Wednesday to attend the 127th annual Lincoln Day Dinner hosted by the Kent County GOP in the DeVos Place Convention Center.

At the dinner, students from College Republican groups from colleges throughout Michigan had a chance to hear Gov. Rick Snyder speak as well as meet with Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, U.S. Senate candidate Terri Lynn Land and College Republican National Committee Chair Alex Smith.

“It was a really interesting night, said College Republicans at Central Michigan University Chairman Ottorino Schincariol. “I’ve meet Gov. Snyder before, but this time it was a lot more relaxed and we had a chance to talk to him.”

Schincariol said he enjoyed hearing Smith at the event and meeting other College Republican students.

“It was cool to hear from someone our age talk about how or involvement (in politics) matters,” Schincariol said.

College Republicans at Central Michigan University has meetings every Wednesday at 8 p.m. in Anspach 169. The meetings are open to all students.