Police respond to bomb threat at CVS/pharmacy

cvsbreaking_md_01

Mount Pleasant police responded to a bomb threat that was called in to CVS/pharmacy on the corner of Mission Street and Preston Road. They found no evidence of a bomb or explosives. A Saginaw Chippewa Tribal K-9 unit assisted. (Meagan Dullack | Photo Editor)

Mount Pleasant Police were called to CVS/pharmacy on the corner of Mission Street and Preston Road after a bomb threat was called in to the store on Thursday evening. 

Sgt. Shawn Paull of the Mount Pleasant Police department said the threat was called in around 7:10 p.m. A Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Police K-9 unit assisted with the response. 

"Luckily it turned out to be nothing," Paull said. "We brought in the K-9 unit just in case there turned out to be something. The dog didn't (find) anything. We're going to do some checking and see if we can track down the phone call." 

Paull said this is uncommon for Mount Pleasant, and that police will start the process of finding the person or people responsible for the threat. 

"This is the first time I can remember (a bomb threat) in a long time," he said. "It'll be a bit to track down the call and get warrants." 

Employees were reopening the store for business an hour after the threat was called in. Employees did not comment on the situation.  

The Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Police assisted MPPD with the call. 

Follow cm-life.com for more on this story.