Yogapalooza kicks off Thrilling Thursday series

Mount Pleasant's summer series, Thrilling Thursday, kicked off the first of its 10 events with Yogapalooza on June 16.

The staff of Redbloom Yoga worked to give the hourlong, free educational class outside the corner of Broadway Street and Main Street.

Denise Fanning, co-founder of Redbloom Yoga, said the event was a success for both the company and the community.

"There are a lot of new faces here and it helps to bring more people into the comfort zone of yoga," Fanning said. "It's awesome for the community to have opportunities to enjoy the businesses of downtown and to do something different."

Thrilling Thursday was set up by Melinda Salchert to help bring the residents of Mount Pleasant together.

"I really focus on this being one community," Salchert said. "Bringing all the different parts of the city and township together is the goal for these events."

Thrilling Thursday will include several different events, including: concerts, races, movie showings, a water battle and more yoga.

While this is the first year of Thrilling Thursday, Salchert hopes the series will continue next summer.

Bob Peters, the general manager and owner of My 104.3 Radio Station, will be working with Salchert to promote the series.

"We partnered with downtown Mount Pleasant to help promote the events going on for Thrilling Thursday," Peters said. "We really like doing this. We have a great downtown, and it's fantastic to get local people to see the local businesses."

Thrilling Thursday will continue on June 23 with "Let's Ride with the Optimists". Prior to the event, Max and Emily's Summer Concert Series will begin with singer-songwriter Olivia Millerschin.