'Thrilling Thursdays' kicks off sixth event with 'Hats and Cats,' Max & Emily's Concert Series continues with The Saucecats

2015_829_jeffdaniels_kc02

Kaiti Chritz | Photo Editor 

Jeff Daniels performs along side the Ben Daniels Band at the Max and Emily's Summer Concert Series on Aug. 29 in downtown Mount Pleasant. The crowd was estimated to be 2,500. 

The City of Mount Pleasant's "Thrilling Thursdays" event series continues on July 21 with its sixth event — "Hats and Cats" — at 6 p.m.

The event is located on the southeast side of the intersection of Main and Broadway Streets.

While decorating hats, participants will have the opportunity to play with animals provided by the Isabella County Humane Animal Society. H.A.T.S will be sharing information on animal care at the event.

Redbird Pet Emporium will also be sharing animal care and safety information and possibly be distributing free samples at the event.

The mid-Michigan band, The Saucecats, will perform at 7 p.m. on Main Street for the Max & Emily's Concert Series.

The "Thrilling Thursdays" series continues every Thursday until Aug. 18. Its purpose is to encourage residents to "#MakeDowntownYourDestination" this summer. The 10-week series will feature a different event each week in the city's downtown. 

For more information about the event, click here.