Stolen equipment, nuisance party listed in last week's crime

Intoxication, domestic disputes and marijuana citations were recorded in last week's crime log. 

Feb. 13

• A Central Michigan University equipment manager reported that two pairs of shoes were stolen from the football locker room at Kelly/Shorts stadium. The shoes are valued at $95 and are university property. Although the date and time of the thefts are unknown, CMU police said the shoes were probably stolen during the first week of February. No suspects have been identified. 

Feb. 14

• Officers issued seven citations for hosting a nuisance party and seven minor in possession of alcohol citations to individuals at an apartment on Edgewood Drive. Mount Pleasant police were dispatched around 11:48 p.m. in response to a reported fight at the apartment. Officers gave the citations after people failed to leave the premises. A 20-year-old man also was cited for possession of marijuana. 
  • A domestic dispute occurred around 8:15 p.m. between two women aged 18 and 19 at Trout Hall. The women are in a relationship and live in the same dorm room. An argument over money became physical, which caused the 18-year-old to fall and hit her head. Neither are pressing charges and the case has been forwarded to the Isabella County prosecutor's office for review. 

Feb. 15

• A highly-intoxicated man refused to leave the Shell gas station at 8120 Mission Road. Mount Pleasant police were dispatched at approximately 3:09 a.m. and found a 22-year-old Harrison man exiting the bathroom wearing only his underwear. He was cited for disorderly conduct.

Feb. 16

• Campus police found 27 grams of marijuana and roughly $100 in a 19-year-old man's vehicle near Herrig Hall. The subject, a resident of the hall, consented to the search and said he was holding the marijuana for a friend who possesses a medical marijuana card. The case has been sent over to the prosecutor’s office for review.
  • A 21-year-old man entered the office of Central Michigan Life and demanded to speak with the newspaper's Editor-In-Chief. The EIC was out for the day and a worker who felt uncomfortable with the individual's statements called CMUPD. The individual left before police arrived and no charges are being pressed. 

Feb. 18

• An 18-year-old female reported that a driver’s side mirror was broken off her 2005 Mercury located in Lot 47 sometime during the evening of Feb. 17. When officer’s arrived, the area was searched and the mirror could not be located. The value of the damage was $200. No suspects have been identified.