Lacrosse falls to Stetson 20-8

lax

Sophomore defender Dominique Gibbons and other players regroup on April 2nd at Lacrosse complex

The Stetson Hatters rolled over the Central Michigan lacrosse team 20-8 Friday night in Central Florida.

This marks the third straight loss for Central Michigan (4-8, 1-4 Atlantic Sun).

Stetson dominated from the beginning, jumping out to an early six-goal lead within the first five minutes of the game.

“Stetson came to play today,” said Head Coach Sara Tisdale. “They dominated the opening minutes and didn’t look back.”

The Hatters would not take their foot off the gas as they outscored Central Michigan 8-5 the rest of the half to take a commanding 14-5 lead into break.

Natalie Karlen had two first half goals for the Chippewas. Riley Huda, Emily Kraus and Jessica Schuchardt each scored one.

The game picked up right where it left off. Stetson continued to dominate and scored not even a minute into the half to extend their lead to ten.

The Hatters maintained the momentum and scored the next three goals before Central Michigan’s Karlen was able to score her hattrick goal to cut the lead to 18-6.  

Stetson stayed aggressive and scored two more before the Chippewas Shannon Doyle responded for CMU.

The Chippewas kept playing as Schuchardt scored her second goal of the evening before the final buzzer.

“Jess Schuchardt came off the bench and found the back of the net well, which we needed,” Tisdale said.

Central Michigan will continue their Florida road trip with a noon game on Sunday at Jacksonville University.