CM Life editor-in-chief selected for summer, Fall 2017 semester

logo

The Student Media Board of Directors interviewed and selected the summer and Fall 2017 Central Michigan Life editor-in-chiefs on April 24.

Two student journalists interviewed for each position. Troy senior Jordyn Hermani will serve as the Fall 2017 editor-in-chief, and Port Huron junior McKenzie Sanderson will be editor-in-chief during the summer.

Hermani has worked at the student media company as a reporter and news editor since her freshman year.

"I've been with organization since the very first day of my freshman year," Hermani said. "I know what CM Life is capable of doing at our best and felt I had the ability to help guide the paper toward maintaining that standard of excellence."

Sanderson served as CM Life's sports assistant editor and sports editor during the Spring 2017 semester.

"When I first started on the sports desk at CM Life last year, my editor really inspired me to step up as a leader," Sanderson said. "With my prior editor experience, I can definitely present some new ideas to get a more engaging audience."

Marysville senior Delany Lemke was also hired as the editor-in-chief of the Central Review. The Central Review is a literary journal publishing prose, poetry and visual art by Central Michigan University students. The publication is published once a semester.

The last print edition of CM Life will be printed May 1. CM Life will continue to provide campus and community news on cm-life.com and on its social media channels throughout the summer.

About Kate Carlson

Editor-in-Chief Kate Carlson is a senior from Lapeer who is majoring in journalism with a minor in ...

View Posts by Kate Carlson →