Students hear their fortunes at annual psychic fair

logo

Program Board hosted their annual Psychic Fair from 6 to 10 p.m. Tuesday in the Bovee University Center Rotunda. Students had the opportunity to have individual sessions where they were given the choice of a palm reading or tarot card reading.

The 80 available time slots were filled within the first 20 minutes of registration.

“The psychic fair is one of our most popular events,” said Rachel Gran, a junior and Program Board special events co-director. “We came to set up our table (a half hour early) and there was already a line. We try do the sign-ups an hour before but the interest is always just so high.”

Due to last year’s attendance, Program Board added an additional hour to the event.

Pinckney sophomore Amanda Barnard and Owosso sophomore Grace Richardson arrived at 4:20 p.m. to secure their appointments.

“I came because I had a really good reading last year and I came to see how (the encounter may) have impacted my life or if anything has changed in my future,” Richardson said.

The two sophomores were astonished by their card readings and said the psychics made accurate evaluations of their personal lives and goals.

Richardson, who is studying nutrition, was pleased to see the fortune-teller flip a nutrition card.

“She told me it was meant to be,” Richardson said.

Barnard said she's always been curious about psychics and fortune telling.

“When I went in I tried to make it so that my personal life wasn’t very visible," she said. "They still hit everything spot on.”

Drummond junior Rhiar Kanouse arrived at the event hoping to learn more about her career future. She aspires to attend a graduate English program and to eventually become an English professor.

“I take (psychic readings) as a personalized fortune cookie,” Kanouse said. “I want to get an idea of what’s happening with grad school. I know it’s not super specific that way but I would like a good hint for what’s to come in my career area.”

About Samantha Shriber

Samantha Shriber is a staff reporter at Central Michigan Life and is a Saint Clair Shores ...

View Posts by Samantha Shriber →