Medallion Hunt, parade highlight 2017 Homecoming Week festivities

19293_logot

Note: This article has been updated to reflect the correct time of the Rock Rally.

The medallion hunt, parade and more are setting the tone for Homecoming Week festivities, which kicked off Sunday and will continue until Saturday, Oct. 14.

The annual Homecoming Medallion Hunt began at 10 p.m. Sunday, Oct. 8. Each year, students are given clues via social media and the Central Michigan University website in order to locate the famed CMU medallion. 

Program Board will show “Spider-Man: Homecoming” at 7 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 12 in Pearce Hall room 127. Popcorn will be provided for the free event.

The Rock Rally takes place at 6 p.m. Friday, Oct. 13 in Plachta Auditorium in Warriner Hall. The event includes a pep rally, a mock rock contest and a football team presentation.

On Saturday, Oct. 14, the Homecoming 5K run/walk starts at 8 a.m., with a 7:30 a.m. check-in at Finch Fieldhouse.Proceeds of the run benefit Special Olympics Michigan.

The Homecoming parade kicks off at 11 a.m. Saturday. — beginning in lot 22 and traveling to downtown Mount Pleasant.

The annual Cardboard Boat Race takes place at 1 p.m. Saturday at Rose Ponds. The event features students from engineering programs.

CMU football (3-3, 1-1 in the Mid-American Conference) hosts Toledo (4-1, 1-0 MAC) at 3:30 p.m. at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.

About Evan Sasiela

Evan Sasiela is the University Editor at Central Michigan Life and a senior at Central Michigan ...

View Posts by Evan Sasiela →