Networking opportunities offered at Mount Pleasant expo

19293_logot

More than 60 local businesses will show what they offer at the 2017 Mount Pleasant Business & Community Expo.

The free event takes place from 4-7 p.m. Oct. 12 at the Comfort Inn Conference Center, located at 2424 S. Mission St. 

This is the 24th annual expo organized by the Mount Pleasant Area Chamber of Commerce. Attendees have the chance to network, learn about products, try samples, view demos and win prizes. 

Businesses at the expo will include: Manpower, Mercantile Bank of Michigan, Isabella Community Credit Union, the Midland Center for the Arts and McLaren Health Care. 

Those who attend every booth at the conference center will be entered to win a prize package from the Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort. 

Raffle tickets are available available for $20, however, only 200 will be sold. First, second and third place winners have a chance to win $1000, $750 and $250, respectively. Tickets can be purchased ahead of time at the chamber’s building at 113 W. Broadway St. or by calling (989) 772-2396

In a press release, Chamber Events Director Rachel Rollin said students are encouraged to attend. 

“It’s an excellent way for students to start building relationships with the local business community, something that will definitely come in handy as graduation gets closer and the search begins for that perfect internship or job,” she said.