Senior forward Moore named MAC West Division Player of the Week

womens-bb-vs-quinnipiac3547
Senior forward Tinara Moore makes her way to the basket on Dec. 21 at McGuirk Arena.

Central Michigan women’s basketball player Tinara Moore has been named the Mid-American Conference West Division Player of the Week.

Moore led the Chippewas (18-3, 10-0 MAC) to two conference wins extending the Chippewas win-streak to 10 games. CMU defeated Buffalo on Wednesday in Mount Pleasant before defeating Eastern Michigan on Saturday in Ypsilanti. 

The Southgate native averaged 26 points, 12 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 3.5 blocks between the two games.  

Playing 39 minutes against MAC East Division leaders Buffalo, Moore shot 6-of-14 (42.8%) from the field and 12-of-13 (92.3%) from the line scoring 24 points in addition to grabbing 15 rebounds and three blocks. 

In Ypsilanti, the senior was 11-of-13 (84.6%) from the field scoring 28 points, 15 rebounds, five assists and four blocks.  

Moore currently leads first-place CMU in points per game (18.6), field-goal percentage (.591) and blocks per game (2.2). She also sits second on team in rebounds per game. 

Moore leads the MAC in blocks (47), ranks third in rebounds (198) and field-goal percentage and sixth in free-throw percentage. 

Central Michigan puts their perfect conference record on the line Wednesday at Ohio before returning to McGuirk Arena on Saturday hosting Toledo.