Cops & Doughnuts Central Precinct, Interfraternity Council donate coffee and doughnuts to police

newbusinesses1
Cops and Doughnuts Central Precint

After two people were killed in a shooting on March 2 on the fourth floor of Campbell Hall, police endured a 15-hour manhunt before apprehending suspect James Eric Davis Jr. early Saturday morning.

Cops & Doughnuts Central Precinct, 1327 S. Mission St., donated about 10 dozen doughnuts to police officers for their efforts.

Alec Kownacki, who started the GoFundMe, said in a group update the coffee was donated by the Interfraternity Council, while Central Precinct donated the doughnuts.

In what was originally a GoFundMe to raise money for the doughnuts, Central Precinct decided to give the dessert food away for free.

Money raised from the GoFundMe will be donated to the Campbell Hall Council, Kownacki said.

According to GoFundMe, a total of 48 people raised $510 in 15 hours.

Celeste Levario, a Leslie junior and employee at Central Prencint, said the doughnuts were donated after 8:30 a.m. March 3. She said she was happy the shop could help out police.

"I thought it was amazing," Levario said of the GoFundMe.

At about 12:30 a.m. March 3, a Central Alert notified the campus community that James Eric Davis Jr. was apprehended and in custody. Police believe Davis Jr. shot and killed his parents — James Eric Davis Sr. and Diva Jeneen Davis — in a domestic situation at about 8:30 a.m. March 2 on the fourth floor of Campbell Hall.

Davis Jr. is receiving care at a local hospital and will be transported to the Isabella County Jail.

About Evan Sasiela

Evan Sasiela is the University Editor at Central Michigan Life and a senior at Central Michigan ...

View Posts by Evan Sasiela →