CMU Alumni Association directing all contributions to Counseling Center

19293_logot

Those donating to the Central Michigan University Alumni Association will have their contribution directed to the CMU Counseling Center in the wake of a double homicide March 2 at Campbell Hall.

The association announced the decision via Twitter on March 3. Those who wish to donate can click here.

"In response to social media comments from countless individuals, including alumni, friends and even those we’ve yet to meet, we are directing all contributions to the CMU Counseling Center. Your gift will provide needed resources for our students in the coming days, weeks and months," the post states.

CMU President George Ross said additional staff will be available at the Counseling Center when students return from spring break.

James Eric Davis Jr., a 19-year-old sophomore from Plainfield, Illinois, is suspected of shooting and killing his parents, James Eric Davis Sr. and Diva Davis, at about 8:30 a.m. March 2 on the fourth floor of Campbell Hall, police said. After a 15-hour manhunt, Davis Jr. was apprehended after midnight March 3.

Davis Jr. is under hospital care recovering from hypothermia, according to police. He has been charged with three criminal counts and will be transported to the Isabella County Jail once he is medically cleared, police said.

About Evan Sasiela

Evan Sasiela is the University Editor at Central Michigan Life and a senior at Central Michigan ...

View Posts by Evan Sasiela →