Annual art event in the park to showcase local art and music

cmlife

Creatively enjoy the peacefulness of nature at the 11th annual Art From Our Park event at Noon on Saturday, Sept. 29.

The four hour event, hosted by Isabella County Parks and Recreation, is a showcase of local artists and their works. It will be held at Deerfield Nature Park near the Fussman Pavilion, off of Remus Road.

Some of the art featured this year includes caricatures by Corby Blem, rock art by Carole Howard and Textiles by Linda Craig. 

In addition to art, live music will be showcased as well. This will include singer from CMU Music Theatre, bellydancers with Deana's Triskelion Bellydance Troupe, dancers from Off-Broadway Performing Arts Studio, and Josh Stutsman as live musical talent.

Stutsman is a CMU alumnus who plays guitar and is a co-founder of the local band, Pining. 

Last year, according to a press release from the county's parks and recreation, there were 300 members of the community that took part in this event.

"Art From Our Park gives local artists the opportunity to share their talents and inspire the community," the release stated.

This event is co-sponsered by Art Reach of Mid Michigan, the Discovery Museum and the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs. 

For more information, call the County Parks Office for more information (989) 317 - 4083 or visit the county's website.