Police report drugs, alcohol and damage to property during football game

35969_29458_policept

The following cases detail criminal activity recorded by the Central Michigan University Police Department in relation to the football game between the Central Michigan Chippewas and Kansas Jayhawks on Sept. 8, as well as the tailgating and parties that occurred as a result of the game.

Sept. 8

• Officers responded to reports of a highly intoxicated woman participating in tailgating activities in Lot 63. The subject, a 19-year-old, became "highly combative" when approached by police, said Lt. Wassman of the CMUPD, and was issued a minor-in-possession citation before being taken to the hospital for over-intoxication.
  • While dealing with an intoxicated female subject at a tailgating party, officers were disrupted by a 24-year-old male, who attempted to grab the woman. Wassman said the man had some "choice words" for the responding officers, and was arrested for disorderly conduct after refusing to comply with police.
  • At 6 p.m., CMUPD investigated a report of damaged property in Lot 63. Believed to have taken place during the football game, a vehicle received a large dent to the driver's side front-quarter panel. Officers are currently in the process of reviewing video footage of the incident. The owner of the vehicle was a 68-year-old man attending the football game.

Sept. 9

• At some point after Saturday's football game, a truck parked in Lot 53 near Herrig Residence Hall received heavy damage after someone punched the vehicle several times, leaving 10 small dents and one big dent. The damage was reported at 6:40 p.m. Reviews of security footage have been inconclusive, and suspects are currently unknown, Wassman said.