Soccer adds eight recruits to 2019 squad

cmuvsmiami-19

CMU cheers for redshirted freshmen defender Abby Willerer's first career goal on Oct. 21 at the Soccer Complex.

Central Michigan soccer will welcome eight new faces to its roster when the 2019 season starts next fall.  

The list of incoming freshmen includes a mix of midfielders, forwards, defenders, and one goalkeeper. 

Forwards

Cami Taylor (Stafford, Virginia) is listed as a midfielder/forward from Mountain View High School.  She was captain of the Washington Spirit U18/19 club and trained with their pro team. 

Lauren DeBeau (Shelby, Michigan) was named to all-state team in the 2017-18 season with Eisenhower High School.  

Midfielders

Maggie Basse (Fairfax Station, Virginia) earned varsity letters in all four of her years at Bishop O'Connell High School and was captain in her junior and senior years.  

Cassidy Pettinger (Grand Ledge, Michigan) of Grand Ledge High School was named to the Lansing State Journal Dream Team in 2017 and won a national championship with Midwest United FC in 2016. 

Mariana Muskovac (Macomb, Michigan) was the captain of Regina High School in 2018 and 2019 and was named to the MHSAA All-State Team in 2017-18. 

Defender

Jill Sutherland (Toronto, Ontario) captained the North Toronto Soccer Club, playing between the years of 2013 and 2018.  Choloe Paraana (Canton, Michigan) starred for Plymouth Salem High School and was selected to the all-district team in 2018.  

Goalkeeper

Emma Chisholm (Courtice, Ontario) was the shutout leader in the Ontario Soccer League’s U21 Provincial Central division in 2018.  She’s contributed to Darlington, Pickering, and Markham soccer clubs.