Frost wins fifth-straight MAC weekly honor

img-6117-2
Central Michigan senior forward Reyna Frost waits for Northern Illinois to take the court with senior guard Presley Hudson and sophomore guard Micaela Kelly in the fourth quarter on Feb. 23 at McGuirk Arena.

It's almost a broken record at this point. 

Reyna Frost has won the Mid-American Conference West Division Player of the Week in women's basketball, again.

The senior forward from Reese scored the award for the fifth-straight week and the ninth time this season. She posted back-to-back double-doubles leading CMU to victories over Bowling Green and Northern Illinois.

Frost averaged 30 points and 16.5 rebounds in those two games. 

In the 92-54 road win over the Falcons Feb. 20, Frost poured in 21 points and seized 20 rebounds. Frost's best scoring performance came Feb. 23 in a 76-52 victory against NIU where she put up a career-high 39 points and added 13 rebounds. 

Her scoring performance ranks third for a single game in program history.

Frost has nine straight double-doubles and has 23 for the season, which is good for third in the country. 

Lauren Dickerson of Miami (OH) took the honors in the MAC East Division. She averaged 26.5 points in the RedHawks victories on the road over Toledo Feb. 20 and at home against Bowling Green Feb. 23. 

The junior guard scored more than 20 points in both games and shot 50 percent from beyond the arc against the Rockets.

The Chippewas are currently 20-6, 11-3 MAC and they hit the road against Ball State on Feb. 27 and March 4 against Eastern Michigan.