CMU to welcome award-winning author Laura Kasischke

19293_logot

Award-winning author and Grand Rapids native Laura Kasischke will read from her fiction and poetry books as part of the Meijer Visiting Writers Series at 8 p.m. March 14 in the Baber Room of the Central Michigan University Charles V. Park Library.

The event will be hosted by the department of English language and literature Creative Writing Program.

Kasischke currently teaches at University of Michigan. Three of her books, “White Bird in a Blizzard," “The Life Before Her Eyes" and “Suspicious River” were adapted into films.

"Laura Kasischke's fiction and poetry is easy to connect with because she writes engaging prose that connects to our senses and to our emotions,” said Darrin Doyle, English language and literature department faculty. 

After the reading, there will be a Q&A session with Kasischke. She will also be signing and selling her books at the event.

“Attending literary readings like this one is valuable to students from all disciplines, because ultimately storytelling is among the most effective tools for connecting with others and making meaning of our experiences," Doyle said. “Students will be entertained while also having the opportunity to reflect on their own lives and purpose."