H.A.T.S. improv showcase to feature all three campus improv groups

after-hours-improv-2

After Hours members perform at the After Hours Alumni Show on April 9, 2019. (Courtesy Photo)

Three Central Michigan University improv groups will unite for a group performance 7 p.m.  Friday, Sept. 13 in Pearce Hall room 128.

Attendees can expect over an hour of on stage improvised comedy at H.A.T.S., which stands for The Hypothetical After Trap Showcase. The show will be performed by members of the After Hours, Hypothetical Fistfight and Trap Door campus improv groups. The event will consist of multiple long and short form improv games, some driven by audience suggestions. 

This performance will mark the first time since 2015 that multiple CMU improv groups have performed together. The event is free and open to the public.

Along with the improv, the event will function as a showcase of sorts for each of the three improv groups. All groups will have a table outside of room 128, and students will have the opportunity to get more information on CMU’s improv scene.

After Hours President Serafine Hinz thinks that the event, along with being entertaining, will be a good opportunity for students.

“It’s a great way to spark finding some new friends, getting to know a bit more about your campus and a fairly unique niche that it has,” said Hinz. “I can’t think of any other [colleges] that have three improv groups like the three we have.”