Bowl projections for Central Michigan following Week 12 win over Ball State

cmu-football-game-nov-2-17

Central Michigan wide receiver Tyrone Scott catches a pass against Northern Illinois Nov. 2 at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.

Tommy Lazzaro barreled into the end zone at Scheumann Stadium in Muncie, Indiana and tied the game for Central Michigan. 

Kicker Ryan Tice then booted the extra point with 1:01 to play and the Chippewas picked up their second road win of the season, 45-44, over Mid-American Conference foe Ball State. 

”The message I had the last drive was, 'Let’s go be great,'” said senior graduate transfer quarterback Quinten Dormady. “It came down to that. Big games are going to come down to the last drive and you got to go out and execute. I think we did that.”

Central Michigan (7-4, 5-2 MAC) earned bowl eligibility with its Week 10 win over Northern Illinois then moved on to the first of two bye weeks. 

First-year coach Jim McElwain said after the Northern Illinois win on Nov. 2 that nothing would be solidified as to whether or not the Chippewas would be playing in the post season. 

"You're obviously happy for the people in the organization," McElwain said. "Yet, that six doesn't guarantee you anything, based on the numbers in our league."

After Central Michigan's seventh win of the season, the team has all but carved in stone the fact it would be playing in the postseason.

The question is, where? 

Following Central Michigan's win over Ball State and heads into its final bye week, here are bowl projections for the Chippewas. 

ESPN: Kyle Bonagura: Idaho Potato Bowl (Jan. 3) vs. Utah State; Mark Schlabach: Boca Raton Bowl (Dec. 21) vs. Tulane

CBS Sports: Idaho Potato Bowl (Jan. 3) vs. Utah State

Sports Illustrated: Quick Lane Bowl (Dec. 26) vs. Utah

Sporting News: Idaho Potato Bowl (Jan. 3) vs. San Diego State

247Sports: Not projected to make a bowl game

Bleacher Report: Idaho Potato Bowl (Jan. 3) vs. Utah State

Stadium: Mobile (Alabama) Bowl (Jan. 6) vs. Louisiana

The Athletic: Camellia Bowl (Dec. 21) vs. Georgia State