Rollin, Patty earn weekly MAC awards following strong showings at UNLV

brockman-baseball2-2
Freshman pitcher Jordan Patty makes a pitch during the ninth inning of the second game in the series against Northwestern at Theunissen Stadium on March 17.

Two Central Michigan Chippewas have earned awards for their performances in their season-opening four-game series at UNLV. 

Junior infielder Chase Rollin was named Mid-American Conference co-Player of the Week while junior right-handed pitcher Jordan Patty was named MAC co-Pitcher of the Week. 

Rollin hit .400 with eight RBIs in the Chippewas' four-game set, also drawing three walks and being hit by two pitches. He reached base a total of 11 times. The Beal City, Michigan, native also stole a base in the series.

Patty pitched the nightcap of Saturday's doubleheader, throwing seven innings of one-hit ball. He struck out six hitters in the game, powering Central Michigan to an 8-0 victory. 

Ohio's left-handed pitcher Brett Manis struck out four batters in two innings in the Bobcats' season-opening win over North Alabama. 

Meanwhile, Northern Illinois first baseman Jordan Larson hit .583 throughout the four-game series against Boston College in the Huskies' opening weekend. He had a hit in each game and went 4-for-4 with two doubles and drove in two runs in the 12-3 win. Larson was just a home run away from the cycle. 

In CMU's opening series, where it went 3-1, the team scored 40 runs throughout the four games. 

The Chippewas travel to face Jacksonville State with a series-opening doubleheader beginning at 1 p.m. Saturday in Jim Case Stadium.