Early move-out for on-campus residences scheduled for April 13-20

sydnie-move-out-3

Sault Ste. Marie sophomore Sydnie Dumas returns to campus to collect personal belongings before returning home March 15 at Sweeney Hall.

Since Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's "stay-at-home" order permits travel between residences, Central Michigan University still plans on allowing students to move out of residence halls next week.

According to an email from Kathleen Gardner, director of Residence Life, early move-out for students is offered daily between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m., April 13-20.

The time slots are limited and available in three-hour increments to abide by the nationwide social distancing order. 

"If you are traveling from a community with a high number of COVID-19 cases or have extenuating circumstances, please file for a move-out extension by contacting the Office of Residence Life at reslife@cmich.edu," Gardner wrote in the email. "We will work with you to identify a better time for your move-out appointment up until May 9, 2020."

All students must be moved out by 6 p.m. on May 9.

Students and family members who do plan to attend early move-out are encouraged to wear a mask. 

People should not come to campus if they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms, have been diagnosed, are waiting for test results or are supposed to be under self-quarantine.

This early move-out plan was originally scheduled for March 28 through April 5. The plan was rescheduled due to the governor's original shelter-in-place order overlapping with those dates.