Third person connected to April 20 shooting arraigned Wednesday

robert-ray-jamion
Robert Ray Jamison

A third person was linked to the April 20 shooting at The Edge at 1815, formerly known as Campus Habitat. 

CMU student Robert Ray Jamison, a 20-year-old man from Chicago, is the third person to be charged with open murder, first-degree home invasion and felony firearm alongside co-defendants, Justin Wendall Collins and Miykael Isiaih Norfleat.

District Court Judge Eric Janes presided over Jamison's arraignment Aug. 19.

Around 6 p.m. April 20, Norfleat fatally shot former CMU student Raven Tre-Von Edelen, of Wyoming, Michigan. Collins, 22, of Mount Pleasant stood nearby. After the two men fled the 500 block of Edgewood Drive, Jamison's car was used as the getaway.

Video footage of the apartment shows the red Nissan arriving just five minutes before the shooting and returning at a faster speed just after, according to court documents (Affidavit in support of complaint for warrant).

Jamison's involvement wasn't publicly known until this week. He left Mount Pleasant the day after the shooting. His attorney, Mike Nichols said Jamison returned to Chicago because of the COVID-19 pandemic and some other personal issues, and he returned to his apartment a week later.

Debate sparked between Nichols and Isabella County Prosecutor Dave Barberi over reducing Jamison's bond. Nichols requested the bond be reduced from $1 million to $10,000 while Barberi insisted the amount remain close to Norfleat and Collins'.

Janes eventually lowered his bond to $750,000.

Norfleat and Collins are scheduled for a preliminary exam on Sept. 10 after being rescheduled multiple times due to COVID-19 concerns. The date of Jamison's preliminary examination is scheduled for Sept. 3.