Police pursuit leads to arrest of three people, one injured in crash

shop-with-a-cop3273

A Mount Pleasant Police Department car sits outside Walmart on Dec. 12.

One person was injured in a crash resulting from a police chase this afternoon. 

At approximately 3 p.m. an officer from the Mount Pleasant Police Department was on general patrol and initiated a traffic stop for improper plates and a suspended driver’s license. 

The car sped off eastbound on High Street from Mission Street and continued north on Isabella Road until the suspect vehicle struck another vehicle at the intersection of Baseline Road.

The vehicle which was struck held an 80-year-old man and the driver, a woman in her 50’s. The driver was transported to Midland Hospital by ambulance for further evaluation. 

The car which initiated the police pursuit had three passengers. The driver, a 20-year-old man from Mount Pleasant was arrested for fleeing and eluding causing an accident, resisting and obstructing justice, possession of a stolen vehicle and possession with intent to deliver methamphetamine. 

The other two passengers, a 37-year-old male from Mount Pleasant and a 22-year-old female from Shepherd, were arrested for possession of methamphetamine. 

All three suspects are lodged in the Isabella County Jail and will be arraigned on Oct. 27. No suspects were injured during the accident. 

The Mount Pleasant Police Department was assisted by the Isabella County Sheriff’s Department and Mobile Medical Response.