SAI to host Halloween weekend events

screen-shot-2020-10-27-at-5-39-08-pm

The Office of Student Activities and Involvement is offering a variety of activities for Central Michigan University Students to safely celebrate Halloween.

The SAI "Halloween Weekend" events will take place Oct. 28-31. Attendees must RSVP to each event.

"While COVID has changed how we celebrate Halloween this year, that doesn't mean it has to stop us from having fun," SAI's Engage Central page reads. "This year SAI has a weekend of events planned for all of our students to safely celebrate."

Throughout the week, SAI will be holding the "Haunted Social Media Challenge" that can enter by posting photos of their holiday-inspired decor or costumes on social media and tagging #SAIHalloween2020. Participants have the opportunity to win prizes. All submissions are due at 11:59 p.m. on Oct. 31.

The offered events include:

Wednesday, October 28th

Spooky Pictionary will be played virtually with Peer Involvement Advisors at 7-8 p.m.

Thursday, October 29th

Canvas and Cocoa will be offered virtually at 5:30 p.m. Materials can be picked up at the Office of SAI in the Bovee University Center.

The first day of the annual Legends of the Dark haunted tour through North Campus will be starting every ten minutes from 7:30-9:10 p.m.

Friday, October 30th

Pumpkin Decorating will allow students to decorate mini pumpkins on the front yard of the UC at 4 p.m. Students can also take premade decor bags and pumpkins to go. Bags of candy and non-candy optiuons will be available for pick up as well.

Program Board is hosting the "Hotel Transylvania" Drive-in Movie at 8 p.m. in Lot 22 Come park in Lot 2. There is a limit of three attendees, CMU students, per car. Free prepackaged popcorn and soda will be available

Saturday, October 31st

The second and final day of the Legends of the Dark tours will be held from 7:30-9:10 p.m.