CRIME LOG: Convicted felon found in possession of firearms at O'Kelly's

shop-with-a-cop3273

A Mount Pleasant Police Department car sits outside Walmart on Dec. 12.

The following incidents were among those handled by the Mount Pleasant Police Department and Central Michigan University Police Department from Oct. 24 to Oct. 30.

Oct. 24

MPPD officers were called to O'Kelly's at about 2 a.m. after receiving reports of a disorderly person refusing to leave. The 31-year-old man from Detroit was intoxicated and swinging at the bouncers and calling them racial slurs. The man was taken to Isabella County Jail where officers found a gun magazine with bullets in it. A background search revealed the man to be a convicted felon. Officers arrested him for Disorderly Conduct and Possession of Firearms by a Felon.

A woman reported three children under the age of three were left in a vehicle in the parking lot of Staples at about 8 p.m. City police arrived to the scene and stayed with the children until the mother came out of the store about 15-20 minutes later. The child neglect complaint was investigated and will be forwarded to the Prosecutor's Office and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services.

Oct. 25

An MPPD officer spotted a vehicle leaving O'Kelly's at about 1:30 a.m. without any headlights or taillights. The officers conducted a traffic stop and discovered the driver, a  25-year-old Texas man with slurred speech and glassy eyes. He was unable to pass sobrieties and refused to take a PBT. The man was arrested for alcohol and traffic violations. 

An MPPD officer investigated a larceny from a vehicle at the 1000 S Washington St. This investigation is still open.

A man contacted officers to issue a threat complaint on his roommate's boyfriend who said he wanted to fight. The complaint was forwarded to the County Prosecutor's office.

Oct. 26

City police arrested three individuals at about 3 a.m. after a high-speed chase led to an intense collision. The driver, a 20-year-old man from Mount Pleasant was arrested for fleeing and eluding causing an accident, resisting and obstructing justice, possession of a stolen vehicle and possession with intent to deliver methamphetamine. The other two passengers, a 37-year-old male from Mount Pleasant and a 22-year-old female from Shepherd, were arrested for possession of methamphetamine. 

Oct. 27

CMUPD responded to a possible domestic violence incident on East Bellows Street. When police arrived, a 29-year-old man and 30-year-old woman were having a verbal argument. The two were separated and denied a physical altercation. The man had a probation order to not be in contact with the woman. Due to COVID-19 capacity limitations, the Isabella County Jail did not accept the arrest, and the incident was referred to the Isabella County Probation Office.

Oct. 28

CMUPD assisted the Sheriff's Department with a possible domestic incident at Jamestown Apartments. A 34-year-old man was found in violation of his probation by contacting a 30-year-old woman.

CMUPD responded to a suspicious situation at Kewadin Village. A 30-year-old man and woman were reportedly yelling and throwing objects around their apartment. The couple appeared frustrated but denied a serious altercation. CMUPD gave the couple a noise complaint warning and no domestic violence was reported.

Oct. 29

A witness observed an 18-year-old man hit two cars while parking in Lot 1. The witness called CMUPD, showed the man's vehicle and reported that he entered a campus residence hall. The man eventually admitted to hitting the cars. He reportedly told CMUPD that he was tired and wanted to sleep. CMUPD issued the man a ticket for failure to stop and identify. The two damaged cars belonged to a 19-year-old man and an 18-year-old woman.

A woman filed a harassment complaint against the father of her child after an argument over custody. The threat complaint was investigated and will be turned over to the Prosecutor.

Oct. 30

A city police officer was sent to investigate a domestic dispute around midnight at 1000 S. Arnold St. When the officer arrived, they were nearly hit by a silver Toyota driven by a 25-year-old woman from Howard City. The woman had slurred speech and glassy eyes with open containers of alcohol in the vehicle. After failing sobrieties, she was arrested for operating a vehicle while intoxicated. 

An officer saw a vehicle drive through stop signs at about 2 a.m. while traveling eastbound on S. Fancher Street. The officer pulled over the driver, a 21-year-old female from Mount Pleasant who falsely identified herself and admitted to drinking earlier in the night. She was arrested for Operating While Intoxicated and Driving While License Suspended.