CRIME LOG: Woman arrested for attempted break-in at China Garden

The following incidents were among those handled by the Mount Pleasant Police Department and Central Michigan University Police Department from Nov. 1 to Nov. 6.

Nov. 1

A 40-year-old woman attempted to break into China Garden at approximately 2 a.m. on Halloween night. When officers arrived, they observed her walking toward the Marriot Hotel. Upon seeing the police, she reportedly started running away, and officers chased her. They pointed a taser at her and she complied. She was highly intoxicated and was taken to the hospital. There was no damage sustained to the China Garden.

Officers arrested a 34-year-old Saginaw woman at about 1 a.m. after she refused to leave private property at 1900 Churchill Blvd. The woman had reportedly been smashing pumpkins with a group of friends before officers arrived. She was the only one of the group who refused to leave and was arrested for trespassing.

City police responded to reports of a fight between two women at about 3 a.m. at 1000 N Kinney St. The incident was investigated and will be turned over to Tribal Court.

Officers were dispatched to O'Kelly's at about 6:30 p.m. to stop a 27-year-old Vestaburg man from driving while intoxicated. The man became very confrontational with the officers as they attempted to call the man a cab or Uber. He began walking into the intersection of Broomfield and Mission Streets and dancing. He was arrested for Disorderly conduct.

Nov. 3

A university employee reported a university-owned trailer stolen from Lot 21 on campus. This investigation is still open.

Nov. 5

CMUPD assisted the Secret Service in following up on a threat made against Donald Trump out of Trout Hall. The 18-year-old woman reportedly made the threat on social media. The case was turned over to the Office of Student Conduct.

A RiteAid employee was caught returning unpurchased items and pocketing the money. In total, the employee embezzled $380. The case was forwarded to the Prosecuting Attorney`s Office for review.

Nov. 6

MPPD Officers assisted the Michigan State Police in an investigation at about 1:30 a.m. at 100 S. Main St. that resulted in the arrest of a 17-year-old man from Mount Pleasant along with two people with outstanding warrants.

City police were called at about 11 a.m. to 1400 Granger St. by a woman reporting a non-aggravated assault. When officers arrived the woman said she and her boyfriend had a verbal argument but did not escalate to a physical altercation. The investigation will be turned over to the Prosecutor's Office for review.