Chippewa WR Tyrone Scott enters transfer portal

cmu-football-game-nov-2-17

Central Michigan wide receiver Tyrone Scott catches a pass against Northern Illinois Nov. 2 at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.

Central Michigan wide receiver Tyrone Scott has entered the transfer portal. Scott announced the decision Monday in an Instagram post. 

"I would like to thank CMU for welcoming em into the program with open arms to continue growing as a young man," Scott said in the post. "To the supporters that stood behind me every step of the way I will always hold you near oto my heart. For the guys that I walk out on the field y'all will always be my brothers. Last but not least thanks to the coaches who've help me grow as a athlete and giving me the opportunity to show my talents."

Scott spent three seasons with the program. He broke out as a redshirt freshman in 2019, playing in all 14 games and making 10 starts. In that season, Scott caught 37 passes for 650 yards and five touchdowns. He caught two scores in the 2019 season opener against Albany and added another in the Mid-American Conference Championship game against Miami (Ohio). 

In 2020, Scott played in just two games and finished with four catches for 33 yards. During his absence, junior Dallas Dixon emerged as an offensive threat alongside the duo of senior JaCorey Sullivan and junior Kalil Pimpleton. Sophomore Drayton Law also had 10 catches last season for the Chippewas. 

Scott caught one pass as a true freshman in 2018. He attended Jenkins High School and is a native of Estill, South Carolina. Coming out of high school, Scott had interest from schools such as Western Kentucky, Tulane, Coastal Carolina and Boston College. 

Scott will have three seasons of eligibility remaining.