David DiLeo to play for New Orleans Pelicans in NBA Summer League

233a8405
Iowa City, Iowa senior David Dileo holds his follow-thru after draining a three point bucket against Toledo Tuesday, Feb. 25 in McGuirk Arena.

Former Central Michigan standout David DiLeo has earned a shot at the NBA. 

DiLeo will be suiting up for the New Orleans Pelicans in the NBA Summer League, per reports. The 6-foot-8 forward has a deal signed with PAOK in Greece, but this deal includes an NBA out should he make the team. 

Last season, DiLeo played for UCAM Murcia and averaged 8.1 points per game while shooting 37 percent from beyond the arc. 

DiLeo began his CMU career as a shooter, developing into a solid all-around threat. He is the all-time leader in 3-point makes for both the Chippewas and the Mid-American Conference. 

In his Chippewa career, DiLeo averaged 11.9 points per game while shooting 38 percent from beyond the arc. He was honorable mention All-MAC and National Association of Basketball Coaches second team All-District in 2020, his senior season. 

Currently, DiLeo is playing for team Aftershocks in The Basketball Tournament. The Aftershocks are playing in the quarterfinals of the tournament July 31 against Florida TNT.

The NBA Summer League is played in three cities: Utah (Aug. 3-6), Sacramento (Aug. 3-4) and Las Vegas (Aug. 8-17). The game schedule is to be announced.