Davies named new Children's Foundation trustee

dsc-5594-1

President Bob Davies delivers his inaugural State of the University address on Oct. 7, 2019, in Plachta Auditorium. 

At the end of July, Michigan-based non-profit, the Children’s Foundation announced the appointment of Central Michigan University President Bob Davies to a two-year term on the board of trustees.

The Children’s Foundation supports research and other initiatives that advance children’s health in Michigan. This includes mental health, nutritional wellness, abuse and neglect, oncology and cardiac research, and injury prevention.

Davies said this support of children’s health aligns with CMU’s own mission, particularly the College of Medicine.

"We have a shared goal to increase access to quality health care in Michigan and to improve health outcomes for patients and their families. It is an honor to continue this vital work as a member of the foundation's board of trustees," Davies said.

As a trustee, Davies will be working with CMU alumnus Larry Burns, the president and CEO of The Children’s Foundation.

"President Davies is an outstanding leader and committed to helping children and young adults achieve their goals for a fulfilling and healthy lifestyle,” Burns said. “His involvement will also give us a wonderful presence not only at CMU but also the surrounding mid-Michigan area"