CMU Athletics to give away $1,000 scholarships at home football games

0911-football-game-crowd-features-9
Riley Chenevey, middle, cheers for the CMU football team during their first home game, Sept. 11, at Kelly/Shorts Stadium.

Scholarships will be raffled to students and registered student organizations that attend home football games during the Fall 2021 season. 

According to Associate Athletics Director Rob Wyman, two $1,000 scholarships will be given away to students who post about the game on Instagram. One will be for individuals and the other for an RSO. Students will have 12 chances throughout the season to win. 

Winners were already announced for the Sept. 11 home game. Wyman said a student named Jessica Bertolinni won the individual scholarship and Student Environmental Alliance and Take Back the Tap won the RSO prize. 

How to Win

The "Third Quarter $1,000 Scholarship" is available to any student attending a home game. To win, students must post a selfie inside the stadium with CMU's logo on their Instagram feed during the game. Submissions must use #FireUpForGameDay and tag @CMUAthletics in the post. Winners will be chosen during halftime and notified through Instagram. 

The "Fund Your RSO Fourth Quarter $1,000 Scholarship" will be given to an RSO that attends the game together. To win, the RSO's Instagram must post a group photo during the game with a majority of their members in front of the Fire Up Chips wall in the student section. Submissions must use #FireUpForGameDay, #4thQuarterFund and tag @CMUAthletics. Winners will be chosen during halftime and notified through Instagram.     

Winners must respond before the first media timeout to receive their award. Both scholarships are made possible by donations according to Wyman.