CRIME LOG: Police respond to multiple domestic abuse incidents

shop-with-a-cop3273

A Mount Pleasant Police Department car sits outside Walmart on Dec. 12.

The following incidents were among those handled by Mount Pleasant Police Department and Central Michigan University Police Department from Oct. 18 to Oct. 22.

Oct. 18

MPPD officers responded to a domestic assault at 3 p.m. on Canterbury Trail. A 30-year-old woman said her boyfriend, 35, assaulted her during an argument. She said he accused her of cheating, pushed her and grabbed her shirt when she tried to get away from him. The man told police she hit his chest and face multiple times. The situation has been turned over to the prosecuting attorney's office.

CMUPD was called at 8 p.m. to Cobb Hall by an 18-year-old man because his bike was stolen. Surveillance video of the area saw an unidentified man taking the bike. There are currently no leads.

Oct. 19

MPPD officers were called at 2:42 p.m. to S. Bradley St. for a domestic assault. A 44-year-old woman told the officers her 46-year-old boyfriend slapped her across the face because he saw her talking to another man. He also broke her phone, which prevented her from calling 911. The man fled before police arrived and was unable to be located. The situation was turned over to the prosecutor's office. 

CMUPD was called at 3:03 p.m. to Charles V. Park Library. A 44-year-old man was bitten by a dog. The situation was turned over to animal control.

Oct. 20

CMUPD was called at 12:40 a.m. to Lot 46 for a potential assault. When they arrived, an 18-year-old woman told officers that she fell and cut her knee. However, surveillance video showed a 22-year-old man tackling her. The man was arrested.

CMUPD responded to potential harassment at 4 p.m. to W. Broomfield St. A 20-year-old man sent nude pictures of himself to an unidentified account on Instagram. The account threatened to send the photos to the man's family and friends unless he paid $1000. Police do not believe he paid the money.

Oct. 21

CMUPD was called at 6:28 p.m. to Woldt Hall after residence hall staff believed they smelled marijuana. Police came in contact with a 22-year-old man. In his possession, police found two grams of marijuana and three grams of psychedelic mushrooms. The situation was turned over to student conduct.

An MPPD officer pulled over a 37-year-old man at 9:41 p.m. on E. Pickard St. for drunk driving. The man had slurred speech and his breath smelled like alcohol. The man stated he had not been drinking and would take a breath test to prove it. However, he did not follow the officer's directions to blow correctly. He refused to attempt any other sobriety tests. A nine-year-old passenger was found in the car and placed in the care of grandparents. The man was lodged in Isabella County Jail and Child Protective Services was called. 

Oct. 22

An MMPD officer made a traffic stop at 2:03 a.m. on E. Wisconsin Street. The officer watched a 19-year-old man drive over the centerline and fail to stay in his lane. The officer smelled alcohol in the man's breath and saw an open can of Bud Light in the cupholder. The man was unable to pass sobriety tests and had a Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) of 0.10. He was lodged in Isabella County Jail.