VP of Advancement steps down from position

69587189_970315319966597_4542707112781807616_n

Heidi Tracy will serve as the new vice president for advancement starting Oct. 1.

Here for less than 2 years, the administrator who leads university advancement and alumni relations is stepping down immediately. 

On Oct. 20, Central Michigan University's Vice President for Advancement Heidi Tracy announced she is stepping down from her position, according to a University Communications press release.

Tracy started at CMU in October 2019, replacing Bob Martin who retired in June 2019.

"I am grateful for the insights and leadership Ms. Tracy has provided our university community during her tenure," Davies said in the press release. "The advancement team has made great strides in building the processes and infrastructure necessary to support a robust and successful fundraising campaign. Thanks to their efforts, we are well-positioned for success in the years ahead."

According to the press release, Davies has appointed Jennifer Cotter, executive director of advancement and campaign, and Marcie Otteman, executive director of alumni relations and development strategies, to co-lead advancement and alumni engagement efforts.

Tracy's announcement comes just over a month after Executive Vice President and Provost Mary Schutten announced she will be leaving her position on Dec. 31.

Tracy's starting annual salary was $240,000. It cost the university just over $100,000 to hire the search firm among other expenses to bring her to CMU in 2019.