Event Management Students host "Escape Finch", a murder mystery event

escapefinchmurder

Courtesy photo.

On Monday November 15th, students will have the opportunity to solve a murder mystery case constructed by students in RPL 430, an event management class. The mystery event will take place in Finch field house from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. 

Attendees will have 15 minutes to look over case files, a prime suspect, and hidden clues to solve the murder for the chance to win food coupons from sponsors of the event. 

Travis Christensen is a senior in the class, and is responsible for the event's finances. 

“We have two murder mystery rooms where you have to figure out who the murderer is and what happened to the person,” Christensen said. “We lead you through most of it and take away suspects. There are five suspects per room.” 

There will also be mini games, food, and a photo opportunity provided at Finch while students wait to solve the mystery.

“There’s no fee to the event,” Christensen said. “Originally we had it at $5, but we decided with the semester being stressful, we want people to come and have a good night so we decided to make it free.”

Students in the RPL430 class worked together to choose the escape room, find sponsors for the event, and create a management plan and schedule. 

“Obviously, this is the first time our group is putting on an event, so it would be great if everyone could come out,” Christensen said.

Christensen is one of many students working to produce events this month for RPL 430. Other November activities include Tattoos and Tunes, Get Fit in Finch and Divas on Campus.